Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I found out which company does valve training courses in the UK 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngCutie

Petroleum
Nov 10, 2009
GB
I’m new in the company, and I haven’t got much experience in selection and sizing of control valves, relief valves. My manager told me to find a training course. I have had a search online, only found the Emerson training course, but it’s not in the UK and it lasts 12 days. I think we prefer a one day course in the UK, although the closer to London, the better.
Thanks. :)

Cutie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe post the question in forum408, then click the 'red flag' button and ask the admins to delete this thread?

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

I found another company that does the training:

'Seetru Training Solutions are holding theory & practical training courses across the country including: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND, TYNE & WEAR, NORTH ENGLAND,BRISTOL, SOUTH ENGLAND'

Ok that’s the best two I have found in the UK with reasonable prices, hopefully it will become useful to others too.

I think this thread can be closed now, oh wait, how do I close a thread?...

Cutie

21u3b5.jpg

Hello,

You found it. BVAA is your best choice to start. Their courses are very good. After BVAA, look into Valve World. Lots of technical seminars about valves there as well. BVAA can also let you know about other training courses.

Emerson valve sales did a one day presentation for us.

Came to our office, gave us the presentation, and gave us their famous control valve handbook (Fisher). And it was free.

It is good PR for them as well.

Try to get a few people in your office in for the one day training and Emerson Sales is more likely to come.

Sorry for the late reply:

Our Emerson Sales Rep gave a 2-3 hour brief introduction to control valves for free. This was about 4 years ago.

Well a 2-3 hour course can not be too detailed, he did go into the different styles of valve (globe, ball, vee-ball, segment, etc), pluses/minuses of all, control valve sizing, actuator sizing, Cv, Leakage Class, valve parts (cage, packing, etc), valve characteristics (quick opening, linear, percentage), and some other key points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back