Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make Sketcher start with a smaller envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texaspete

Mechanical
Nov 11, 2002
US
I want to make my sketcher window start with a smaller design / sketch envelope. Does any one know how too? I believe the sketcher envople is 30"x30".
Looking for replies.
Thanks Texaspete

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can change your start part to have the datum planes defined by a smaller radius value (say 10).

But now all start parts will have this.

Or just zoom in during sketcher.

Or make your sketch, place the dims are required, and THEN select all dims and change using LOCK SCALE.

Steve

As suggested by Steve, you can have a centered square datum curved of 30"x30" in your start part template. When you create new part with default template, that square will appear there. This will lock your sketch envelop to datum curve size i.e 30"x30". Later on after creating basic construction features (without referring first datum curve),you can delete datum curve feature.

Hope you are getting what I mean to say..

Cheers..

Yogesh Birari

In sketch mode draw a simple line, dimension it, change dimension to 1" for example (or as close as possible to your part), and continue with the rest of the sketch that will be smaller.

im4cad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back