Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I output displacement at a point on rigid body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yw5aj

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2013
US
Dear all,

In ANSYS Mechanical (not the APDL), can I output the displacement at a point (vertex) on a rigid body?

I tried User Defined Result which exported all displacements at all nodes. But because the rigid body is not meshed, there are no nodes nearby the point that I want to probe.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Shawn

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you tried placing Coordinate System? Then I think there is Probe Position option in results - so you assign body and coordinate system to it.

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but if I did and you need displacement plot on a specific node, then do the following:

Choose the node, and create a named selection from it, then insert a "deformation" plot, in "scoping method" choose "named selection" and choose the named selecion containing that node.

Thank you marianw88 and assafwei! I made it work with a very similar method as you mentioned. Currently I used remote point to probe the displacement and force, as it is allowed to have remote points on rigid body; I never tried to use the coordinate system method and it sounds much better. I will definitely try it.

Thank you again!

Shanw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back