Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How do I purging .shx files from drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

R12NV

Civil/Environmental
Sep 4, 2002
AU
I have received a few drawings for clients, and after I have converted the drawing to our standards, their .shx file is still being prompted for. Is there a way to purge the .shx file out of the drawing???

thanks in advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use the "linetype" command to see if a special linetype is being used (which might need those shx files), and delete it.

Just ran into this today with some drwaings I had. BEWARE that this lsp routine clears "ALL" unreferenced shx from the drawings. I was looking for a lsp to do batch removal...but no luck yet.
******** from acad site*******
To Erase shapes and purge references to unavailable shape (SHX) files
Every time you open a drawing that references shape files that are not on your system, a dialog box is displayed and you are prompted ...
Document Number TS19683
Date: 10 Mar 03 Size: 17K

Hope this helps.
Gene

tools4u
We have had a rogue shx causing error messages in our drawings for years. With one wave of your magic wand it is gone.
Thank You Very Much

MNSparks

Thanks Guys..
I was so impressed with the lsp removing the shx from my own drawings that I put it in my startup appload and created an Icon for it and put it on a toolbar. Now when a drawing comes up looking I just cancel the shx search, continue to open the drawing & hit the icon and ZZZapp !!! GONE. re-save the drawing and continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back