Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I "Save As" or "Backup" an Assembly in Pro/E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfrei

Electrical
Apr 5, 2008
US
I would like to make a full backup copy of a very large assembly.

HOWEVER ... my Pro/E assembly includes "standard parts" that are stored in different directy locations. I manage the standard part directories via my config file so Pro/E knows all the search paths to the various standard part directories.

When I do a backup, these parts are created in the new backup directory, but they are not .prt files (I forget exactly what they are, but they're not .prt files).

Ultimately I want to grab the entire Pro/E assembly from Okino Nugraf so I can create a Wavefront file for import into Maya. Everything works great save for the missing standard parts!

Is there an easy way to create a FULL backup?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to create a seperate folder away from where you normally have files. I say this because I do not know how your system is set up. WindChill or Intralink. Anyway do a File/ BackUp Change the Look In setting to the new folder and hit ok. they go in as prt and asm files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back