Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I read in Catia .exp files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkevhead

Mechanical
Dec 11, 2002
US
I have recieved a large quantity of catia files with the .exp extension. We run Pro_e but have a seat of catia for conversions. How do I read in the .exp file directly into catia. I get and error "Open failed due to invalid or incosistent extension typ". Any suggestions Please

Thanks
Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello...

in ENG TIPS go Keyword search... type EXP... Read previous questions and find what you need..
Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Hi bkevhead,

You can extract the ".model" from a export file with the command :
.../.../CNEXT.exe -batch -e ExtractModelFromSequential

On windows, copy the raccourci et complete the command after "cnext.exe"

Bye Pascal (I am French)
Business Partner CATIA V4 & V5
but beginner in English language
plambert@rgb-technologie.fr

Kevin....

the .exp extension means that the CATIA models and some other stuff were exported. You have to run the CATIMP utility program to import the files into your CATIA system and then you'll be able to read the model files and convert them to Pro-E

....Jack

PS to Kevin: regarding my last post; this is if you have CATIA V4 (which is where the .exp files came from) If you have V5, then ignore my solution

you can open directly whith proe.
whith v5, make a copy of shortcut on your desktop, and after that complete on shortcut properties, on target, whith: "CNEXT.exe -batch -e ExtractModelFromSequential"

Im a pro/e user but have to extract files from autoweb on Catia.
When i run the batch ExtractModelFromSequentia i cant see any text or demensions. Can anyone help?

When i open a drawing i get a mesage that reads.

No internal or external prj
No visualization of text and demensions
Please inform V4 project file path in Tools/Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back