Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How do I set file location ACAD LT2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinger

Electrical
Dec 20, 2002
US
I have not been able to figure out how to point ACAD LT 2000 to my dwg files folder. In tools, options, dwg file location is not one of the options?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

You could try this:

Change the Default Drawing Folder
Each time you start AutoCAD, the last used paths in each particular standard file selection dialog box are remembered across AutoCAD sessions. Alternatively, you can configure AutoCAD to always default to a particular path by changing the default drawing folder.

To change the default drawing folder

Set the REMEMBERFOLDERS system variable to 0.
On the Windows desktop, right-click the AutoCAD icon. Then choose Properties.
Choose the Shortcut tab.
In the Start In box, enter the path of the folder that should be the default when you open or save drawing files.
Choose OK.

REMEMBERFOLDERS Controls the default path for the Look In or Save In option in standard file selection dialog boxes

Regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom, where do I find REMEMBERFOLDERS system variable? Also when I changed the start in box the program would lock up, I thought it could not find Drawing1.dwg so i put one in the start in folder but that did not help, I still got an error message.

Tom

Yinger,

You type "rememberfolders" in the command line (bottom of ACad).
I am not sure what you mean by "start in" folder. There is some options on startup (tools, options, system), if that's it, try to change it to traditional or turn it off.

Tom

Rememberfolders was not a valid command, could it be that I am using acad LT and you are using the full version of autocad?

The "start in" folder is a box on the properties window under the shortcut tab.

Tom, Thanks for your continued advice on this.

Yinger,

I am normally using 2002 but I also have an LT,, having said that, it is a LT2000i and I don't remember the difference between LT2000 and LT2000i.

When after installing my LT I had problems starting it up (some sort of bug) but when doing the changes in my start-up routine it worked just fine.

If this is of no help you need to inform the content of the error message.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back