Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do You Delete Old Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoo

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2007
US
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 I have a folder with many parts, assemblies and drawings. Is there a way to delete old versions with out bringing up every item and using the command to delete old versions.

Danoo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A few words to the wise.

1) You want to create your action for file type "Folder", not "File Folder". Don't ask me why there are two seemingly identical types or what the difference is, it's just the way Mr. Bill wants things.

2) Be careful. If you screw up you will not be able to edit or remove your new action through the same interface that you made it. For some other reason known only to Mr. Bill, you will have to edit the registry to fix it.

I just create an action to open a dos command window & then type purge in it or any other dos command. I find that more useful than creating an action for every type of command I might want to run.

you will have to edit the registry to fix it.

yeppers on that.. you would think you would be able to edit..but no... that darn Mr. Bill :)

I just create an action to open a dos command window & then type purge

I just mapkeyed the purge part...

If your talking about PRO-E files within a dir. as in file.prt.1, file.prt.2, file.prt.3, ...
Than: window/command prompt/purge Make sure you're in the current dir.

I've basically used the Sherpa method with my purge.bat file having this in it:

Code:
cd "%1"
C:\<PATH TO WF2>\i486_nt\obj\purge.exe
del *.plt
del *.inf.*
del *.ref.*
del *.tst.*
del *.memb.*
del *.ers.*
del *.info.*
del *.ger.*
del *.m_p.*
del *.lst*
del *.crc
del std.out
del *.log.*

You'll want to edit that list if there's any files that you want to keep.

Agree with Hora, spurge (Spekan Purge) is the best way to go. You can slect the number of versions to keep, and it can be set up as a right click option on a folder in windows.

Or...

Set as working directory the folder where you want to erase the files. Then Click Window menu - Open System Menu, it'll open a black window much alike DOS windows, then type PURGE, and hit enter, close the window, change to another directory and repeat as many times as you need it. It will erase all old version in that directory.

Hope it helos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back