Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How fix strain gauges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierluk

Automotive
May 3, 2010
DE
Hi guys, I want to fix strain gauges, do you know some guides or manual to learn that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, it depends on a lot of factors, including the strain amount, material, surface, etc..

Call Vishay group and talk to a Technician, they should be able to set you up.

thank you to everyone, very interesting material. I will try to read carefully. Do you think it is difficult to learn alone how installing strain gauges?

Hi

Well it makes life easier to learn if you can ask someone who's experienced in this work but no reason why you can't learn for your self

desertfox

I've installed hundreds of strain gauges and have built the electronics to measure from scratch. Not really difficult, but be sure to calibrate whatever you do. My experience has been in dynamic strain monitoring of moving devices such as amusement rides and industrial equipment. Have done low frequency dynamic (bridge structures) as well.

I've used bonded strain gauges, welded strain gauges, and embedded strain gauges...each has its merits and limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back