Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How is it possible to create a Field Output with multiple types ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mig_

Aerospace
Jan 14, 2022
FR
How is it possible to create a FieldOutput with multiple types (e.g. TENSOR_3D_FULL and TENSOR_3D_PLANAR) ?
in my odb file,
Python:
odb.steps['Step'].frames[-1].fieldOutputs['S']
returns :
Python:
({'baseElementTypes': ('C3D8I', 'M3D4R'), 'bulkDataBlocks': ' object', 'componentLabels': ('S11', 'S22', 'S33', 'S12', 'S13', 'S23'), 'description': 'Stress components', 'isComplex': OFF, 'locations': 'FieldLocationArray object', 'name': 'S', 'type': TENSOR_3D_FULL, 'validInvariants': (MISES, MAX_PRINCIPAL, MID_PRINCIPAL, MIN_PRINCIPAL, TRESCA, PRESS, INV3), 'values': 'FieldValueArray object'})

Meaning that :
odb.steps['Step'].frames[-1].fieldOutputs['S'].baseElementTypes = ('C3D8', 'M3D4R')
odb.steps['Step'].frames[-1].fieldOutputs['S'].getSubset(elementType='C3D8').type = TENSOR_3D_FULL
odb.steps['Step'].frames[-1].fieldOutputs['S'].getSubset(elementType='M3D4R').type = TENSOR_3D_PLANAR

but odb.steps['Step'].frames[-1].fieldOutputs['S'].type = TENSOR_3D_FULL (it should be of many types : TENSOR_3D_FULL and TENSOR_3D_PLANAR)

My problem is that I want to create a fieldOutput for 'C3D8' and 'M3D4R' elements, if I define the FieldOutput with FieldOutput(name="var",description="var",type=TENSOR_3D_FULL), I can add data to 3D elements using addData() but not to M3D4R elements.
Do you have any solution ?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back