Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How many electrodes are needed for welding a pipe from API 5L- x60 with wall thisknes 20mm... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

albanbulku

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2013
AL
i need to make a prevention for weldings in a pipeline and need some advices becouse i am new in this field.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on electrode type, diameter, joint type, multiply by your cross sectional area of the weld joint and circumference of the pipe. This give you the volume of fill rod. Back out the rod w an appropriate waste factor.

Hello everybody:

In addition to what the above posters have said, what does indicate the Welding Procedure Specification for that job? I suppose that you have one.

El que no puede andar, se sienta.

thank's to all of you for your answers.
I am trying to determine how to pay the welders.
Can anyone recomend me for the payment of welders?

In China, about $0.55 US a day. In Abu Dabi, perhaps less after a good beating. I suppose you have labor laws where you are, might be a place to start. You post such a ridiculous question, I can't help but laugh!

Regards,
Cockroach

albanbulku,
Per hour/day/week/etc., prevailing wage laws, supply/demand of/for welders or by the weld size and number of welds made (piecework) or by combinations thereof. Your question indicates that you are way over your head for the position you are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back