Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how much does it cost in service and maintenance on a laser 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttingedgelaser

Industrial
Dec 31, 2010
US
Can anyone help me out with what the average yearly cost is for repair and service calls to keep thier lasers running to maintain full production 24hrs day 5 days week

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

3,5 euro / hour for minimum maintenance, and 5 eur / hour for excellent maintenance, just internal mirrors, turbo blowers etc ... not power consumption, cutting gas ..

Thanks for the reply, I have 3 Trumpf lasers and spend about 7k average per laser per year. my lasers are in optimal running condition and are capable of cutting up to 1.25 inch carbon with excelent edge quality.

Hi,

What wouild you like to know over the maintenance.
We do service on allmost every brand lasers, trumpf, bystronic, mazak, amada , panasonic, WB laser, rofin...

precisiontech, you can contact me at cuttingedgelaser@ymail.com if you want to go over any problems or questions you are having on your 3050 trumpf lasers. I have 2 3050s and able to cut 1.25" carbon a36 with optimal performance.

Find a good independent tech, if you find a good one, he'll show you how to do most of the maintenance yourself. I train my customers on anything they want to know. The laser manufacturers wont do this because of liability concerns in certain areas.

I did a PM call Wedensday, I've had these people as customers for a few years. Normal PM takes a few days, I was there for 4 hours. I just checked over everything and made sure it was OK, then I went through the high voltage section and optics as they were not yet comfortable with doing this themselves. Over the years they paid attention and listened and learned to keep their laser running without a lot of BS.

Just keeping an eye on the machine and knowing what to look for can make a big difference in operating cost.

Chris Krug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back