Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How on earth do i edit the content in the title block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the input but is there a way to fill in the fields without manually going in the backround sheet and typing everything?(seems to be time consuming to put the cursor just right in each box i.e title,drawn by... etc)

Try using the "Callout" icon. It is located together with the "Balloon" icon.

1. Click the "Callout" icon.
2. In the Callout dialog box under General tab, click on the "Property Text" button.
3. Another dialog box will appear.
4. Check "From current draft file".
5. There's a list of Properties which you can select.
6. Double Click on one of the Properties (Try with “File Name”)
7. You’ll notice %{File Name} will appear in the Property Text field.
8. Click OK to exit.
9. You’ll return to Callout dialog box.
10. Click OK to exit the Callout dialog box.
11. Click on the location you want to place the Text.

For properties like Title, Drawn by, Document No, etc you can edit them in the File Properties. You’ll have to fill the fields first.
You can create Templates, so you don’t have to do this every time.

1. Save the new file into a directory of your choice. You’ll need to save the file as Normal.dft. You’ll also need to do the same for part, assembly, sheet metal and weldment files as well.
2. On menu Tools > Options, select the File Location tab in Options Dialog Box.
3. Select User Templates and then click on the Modify button. Choose the directory in Step 1.

The default files are located at the installed SE directory under Program\Template. If you notice, there are folders in this directory and these folders will appear as Tabs in the “New” dialog box. (Try adding new folders in Step1.) You can also save your templates in the default directory. However, if you reinstall SE, the files created in this directory will disappear. This is the reason why I would save the templates in another directory and use Options in Step 2.

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CREATE A FLAG IN THE BORDER OF MY TITLE BLOCKS TO SHOW PLOT DATE ,FILE PATH ECT... THIS WORKS GREAT ON ALL MY BLOCKS EXCEPT MY D-SIZE. I NEED TO GET THE TEXT TO ROTATE 90 DEG. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT TO DO IT...ANY IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back