Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Add command to Line in 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

texanman

Mechanical
May 21, 2008
US
Hi,
I have autocad 2006 running. I want to add a few bottons to the top menue line, such as "save as", "match propoerties" and "quick leader". In 2004 I could just drag the icon for these commands from a list to that top line, but now it all has changed. I have looked at the instructions but I get lost. Any help?
thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Open the “Customize User Interface” (right click on a blank area of you tool bars and pick customize)
If the command you what to add is not in the list of commands, pick the “new “ button.
In the Properties area (bottom right):
Name your new command
Fill in you command on the Macro line.
Add an image to the small & large image lines.

When this is done drag your new command from the command list (bottom left) up onto the appropriate tool bar (top left)

Click apply

Let me know if you get stuck.

Rich

Hi My Text Box (F2) has detached from main window, I have tried dragging it over bottom of Autocad page but it will not attach to main window.
Any help much appreciated.

JimP Scotland

Autocad text window? Hitting F2 turns it on and off? I’m not sure that you can attach (dock) that window.

Or do you mean that your command line window has as been moved and will not dock back to the bottom of the main window?

Try right clicking in the blue area (on the left hand) and make sure that the allow docking option is checked.

Good luck

'Or do you mean that your command line window has as been moved and will not dock back to the bottom of the main window?'

Thanks LUDPEKA1 yes that is what has happened, have tried draging over bottom and top of main window will not dock, any more ideas appreciated.
How do you make sure docking is allowed?

JimP

Try looking at your "LOCKUI" system variable.

I'm not sure what it should be set at for 2002 (I'm working 2007). Check the help file for 2002's options.

In 2007 it, "Locks the position and size of toolbars and dockable windows such as DesignCenter and the Properties palette."

Good luck,
Lud

just keep dragging the command window to the bottom (slowly)
wait until the outline shifts up above your mouse pointer, let go and that should dock it back to the bottom.

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1
Autocad 2008

just to make sure, you are dragging so the bottom of command window goes below the bottom of your screen?

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1
Autocad 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back