Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to apply a Time History Load in a node at 2D-Frame -Dynamic Analys 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamed7089

Structural
Jan 12, 2012
Hello
I am trying to apply a Time History Load in a node at 2D-frame and i define TH in Define menu>Function>Time History
but how can i set this TH to a specific node at a 2D-Frame ?
in SAP2000
bellow is a picture of my problem.
Thank you :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) Define your time history loading function in Define/Function/Time History
2) Apply Unit load and unit moment in separate load pattern
3) Create a Direct integration Time History Load Case,
4) For each Load Pattern, select the right time history function in Define/Load Case

NOTE : Dynamic Analysis will be perform (function to mass, stiffness and damping) this is not a static analysis !

PicoStruc Thank you very very much :)

can i ask more question?

1)Define your time history loading function in Define/Function/Time History ---> Done

2)Apply Unit load and unit moment in separate load pattern ???
What This Step mean?
from Define/Load Patterns set LOAD PATTERN NAME to "Moment" and set TYPE to Dead or live or quick or ... ???
and Add new load Pattern and set LOAD PATTERN NAME to "Load X"
and ... ???

3)Create a Direct integration Time History Load Case,
how can i do it?
From Define/Load Cases --> Add new LoadCases --> Set "TH Load" for name and select "Time history" From load Cases Type Combobox
and from Load Applied select Pattern from right select pattern name "Moment" from right select Mz TimeHistory Function and scale factor is 1 and do this for "Load X" pattern. ????

thank you :)

my sap2000 version is 12

PicoStruc gave you all of the steps you need to follow.

When he is saying apply a unit load in a different load pattern, you need to create a different load case for both the force and the moment. Call one THForce, and the other THMoment if it's easier.

Then you need to go to Define => Analysis Cases => add new case and choose Time History. In the analysis case you need to choose the correct time step, modal damping, etc that is applicable. Then assign, each of the load cases you just defined the time history function and appropriate scale factor. Typically, if you have dead loads that will be already present you need to define them as a seperate load case so you can start this analysis from the results of the previous load case.

Hopefully, that helps. I think you should also read through the Analysis Reference Manual for SAP. It walks you through a lot of these steps with advice as to what to use for different inputs and how it may effect your model and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back