Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to assign attributes to multiple components of an assembly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinv

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2015
IN
Hello NX mates,

I have created an assembly with around 260 child components. Now I need to assign a number of attributes (like description, size, detail no., hardness etc) to each and every component in order to create complete BOM. Is there any easier way to assign attributes to all components at a time (using spread sheet or something like that)other than opening all components and copy/paste/assign attributes individually?

I am new to to attributes and couldn't find any helpful thread yet. Hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Michael, this is a pointless argument. As John pointed out absolutley rightfully, the normal workflow is to have attributes already present at the part level through templates. If they are not present for some reason, NX provides efficient means to assign them in bulk. I can see no problem with NX here whatsoever.

Hello All,

One more support request from you. I completed the attributes stage and BOM creation in NX. Now my customer wants the BOM in excel sheet. I tried it using Moldwizard BOM button and selecting entire rows the n right click and export to Excel. But below message was displaying:
No BOM template file was found NX8.0

And if I select "OK" in that dialogue box, the action gets cancelled. Please suggest how to overcome this or any other method to export the BOM into excel.

As of now I did it by selecting some rows then copy then open one excel sheet then paste. But unable to select much rows only 10~15 rows at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back