How to calculate 3 phase heater resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nook51

Electrical
Feb 13, 2024
SG
Hi,
Recently encountered heater band issues used for heating up vessels. Attached a connection diagram for 1 of 12 section of the heater. There are 12 bands connected in a 3 phase power for each section. As these heaters are hidden in a ducting wrapping the vessel, can i check if anyone can help to advise on how the resistance will be calculated for across 1A1-1B1, 1B1-1C1 and 1A1-1C1?
Thanks and appreciate the help.
AK
Heater_Schematic_wj0gce.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It looks like phase to phase voltage.

So phase to phase voltage divided by the current?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thanks for responding.
i redrawn to split up the connection and kind of understand now how these ate connected and the way to calculate the resistances across each points.
17078972358615967278210920443444_npcb9h.jpg

2 Watts each?
AT 2.9 AMPS

That's a pretty low voltage....

Are you sure it's AC 3 phase?

Not DC with the centre wire 0V and the others 1V?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I would suggest that you draw your resistor diagram in a conventional Delta configuration, i.e., A, B, and C at the apex of a triangle; then, it can be seen that a series of measurements can be used to measure various branch currents, allowing you to calculate the various resistances using simultaneous equations. You'll not be able to tell the directly connected parallel resistances without removing connections.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back