Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to calculate load distrubution under concrete protection slab on pipe in trench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know the need of concrete slab over pipe along the road. It depends on depth of the buried pipe, type of the pipe, and material it conveys. For other 2 questions, you should check AASHTO code for traffic load, and I believe they have a section for distributing traffic load to the buried pipe.

@r13 (Civil/Environmental)

Thanck you for your response

I am thinking about the beahvior of slab installed at mid-depth of trench on stress distrubution above the pipe.

How the slab reduce the load distrubution above pipe??

sali123,

See my response on your another thread in "foundation Engineering" forum.
I don't not follow your statement "I am thinking about the beahvior of slab installed at mid-depth of trench on stress distrubution above the pipe." Can you elaborate, better with a sketch, on your another thread.

Traffic loads depend on local road axle weight laws and limitations.

The slab should be thick enough to be considered rigid, then load below is equal pressure. As you go lower assume that effective width increases with depth and resulting pressure decreases.

See API 1102 "steel pipelines crossing roads", for more specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back