Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to carry out analysis in Abaqus on an imported Hypermesh file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newFriend

Mechanical
May 31, 2010
US
I am analyzing few parts for stresses in Abaqus.Since, the geometry is complex,I am using Hypermesh to mesh the parts.I import the .input file into abaqus, but am not able to apply loads and carry out analysis.Can anyone tell me the procedure, how to carry the analysis further once I have imported the file from hypermesh?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi NewFriend,

Are you new to abaqus? If so, you might need to review the Abaqus 6.9 documentation, I recomend "Getting Started with Abaqus: Interactive Edition" and go through some of the example problems.

Hi NewFriend,

Hope you got an answer to your question. Otherwise, you need to assign properties to your meshed components (as usual for a geometry). Then you need to create (Assembly page) instances of every component and then you can apply loads, BC, etc.

Hope helped you.

NewFriend,

Usually when I use a pre-processor, I do export a input file of ABAUQS (after finishing the pre-processing), with FILE-EXPORT-ABAQUS INPUT.

This Input I shall edit the card (using a text editor as CONTEXT!! it's free and has a hoghlighter for ABAUQS CARDS), modify anything htat's needed and then run the analysis by calling:

RUN - > CMD.EXE
GO TO THE FOLDER WHERE THE INPUT IS LOCATED (for example C:\TEMP)
CALL ABAQUS IN CMD WINDOW:
TYPE:
ABAQUS (hit enter)
in the IDENTIFIER field type the .INP filename without the extension (.INP) and HIT ENTER
Wait for solver start (follow it with PROCCESS MANAGER).

Best regards,
Eduardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back