Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to change anotation default values in UGNX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvraj

Automotive
May 26, 2003
CA
I don't know how I can change default values under preference - anotation-

Whenever I open a new file, default values of dim. text appears 3.984 which is not a standard so I have to change all default values manually every time to the GM DCS standard.

Is there any way to save or change default values permanently to proper standard values so that I don't have to change these values manually every time.

Yours help will be appericiated

Yuvraj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yuvraj,
Drafting text size can be set in the drafting section of the ug_english.def file:

! Dimension Text

Drafting_dimTextCharSize: 0.156 ! Inches

System admin privileges are required to do this.

Another, some would argue, less desirable way would be to use template parts whenever you create a new part. The preferences can be set in the template, and all new parts created from it, will inherit them. In NX 2, I beleive you will be able to inherit preference settings from other parts. If your settings will always be the same, then I would recommend taking the time to do the method introduced by ewh.

-Derek
DL Engineering Services

specializing in Unigraphics Design Consultation Services

Hi! yuvaraj,

As ewh has explained we can change the settings permanently by editing the default file. But english.def file is for inches, so you have to edit ug_metric.def file.

Another alternative is we can have a macro created as per our required stds and run this macro at the beginning.

Regards
prasanna.
CAD Engineer
Tata Johnson Controls Automotive Ltd.
PUNE

Hello,
Prasanna

I tried before to creat macro but it doesn't run properly.
Is there any proper method to creat this kind of macro. Have you ever created this type of macro???

Tips provide by my other friends will work fine but my idea was to fix the root of this problem. Why EDS has set the default value of text to 3.9878 / 0.157". These values doesn't fit anywhere in the drafting standards.

Thanks to everybody
Yuvraj

If you don't like the defaults, change them. That is what the ug*.def files are for.

To create a macro that is consistent in playback, you should always satrt it with some commands tat will give you a standard starting point.
No dialog boxes open.
Switch application to gateway and then drafting to clean the menus.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back