Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change exisiting default formulae for View Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heli2328

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2023
IN
As the title says, I have been trying to get the view name of my choice and size since it should align with my company's standards.

However, when I open the view name editor, the formulae is not what I want.

For example,
Screenshot_2023-06-08_102712_buxy09.png

Whenever I create a section cut, the view name will be Section A-A, I want this to be Section A, this can be removed if I change the formula to not included the '-' and another ident.
Using CATNis file I could edit the naming, but i amm not able to figure out how to change this aspect.

Note that I am working an organization's catia installation.

Also
i) is there any macro that can do this?
ii)if there isn't any material that can help me make one since I am new to macros.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Did you find out a solution ? I'm trying something similar, but I don't have any clue how to do it. I want, at least cu have 2 dimension (text size ) in the name ( for example SECTION with a dimension of 3 and A-A with a dimension of 5 ) do you know how I can do this ?

There is somewhere where I can do this as a standard rule ? so I don't have to do it on each drawing / view ?

Thank you !

like I said, this might come from the standard XML file.

be aware also that single or double name id from section cut (or other views) might come from the definition of single or double arrow in the style / view callout section... asking for single arrow or double arrow could impact view name as section A or section A-A

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back