Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to combine two parts with a third in Ansys Mechanical

Status
Not open for further replies.

astry200m

Mechanical
Apr 14, 2013
GR
Hi all.
I am modelling a pipe using Ansys mechanical (NOT WORKBENCH).
My case is that i have the pipe split in two parts (half length each) which are in contact and connected with the use of an inner tube.
The inner tube is glued in the one of the two pipe parts (considered as perfectly bonded) while the other part is connected when needed with the use of bolts.
Could anyone help me with this? What should I use in order to define that the parts are constrained with each other in this way?
Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you! This will apply between the inner tube and the outer one. But as far as the two outer cylinders are concerned, I have decided to connect them with the use of rigid beam elements. Is this right?

Please provide more details such as model snap or schematic. Without which it is difficult to answer your question.
Why are you giving connections in terms of rigid beams?
If you
1)expect the relative displacement between the outer pipes towards each other so that they touch each other and deform each other
2)The gap between them is negligible but still there
then you need to give contact only and not rigid beams.

Thank you very much again! Yes, that is what I need. So, as I understand, I need a contact between inner and outer pipes and a contact between the end of the fisrt and the start of the second pipe.
Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back