Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to continue the abaqus cae analysis even if job stopped in a loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahid_dabbagh

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2018
IR
I wrote a python script for abaqus which contains many loops inside. My analysis is riks analysis which usually is some cases inside loop does not converge, but the result up to the point of convergence is enough for me and I want abaqus cae from command line continues for the next case inside loop, however, abaqus cae from command line stops whenever the job fails to converge, is there any option to ask abaqus to continues in case of divergence?

Many Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How do you monitor the analysis? When you use waitForCompletion(), then the script continues, independent of what happened with the job. Or you add a sleep command in python and use the job object to regularly ask for the status. See the Scripting Reference Manual regarding the job object and commands.

Dear Mustaine3
I used waitForCompletion(), and it does not stop in the Abaqus GUI but it stops in the Abaqus ran from command line using:
abaqus cae noGUI=script.py

If you submit jobs interactively from the command line they should run one after another regardless of outcome:

windows: abaqus job=job1.inp interactive & abaqus job=job2.inp interactive & ...
linux: abaqus job=job1.inp interactive ; abaqus job=job2.inp interactive ; ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back