Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to convert NX drawing to dwg format in 1:1 scale? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

imti7

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2023
IN
please anyone help me to convert my NX drawing to 1:1 scale in dwg or dxf format(AutoCAD format)..

i have created a sheet metal drawing in flat pattern placing it in A3 sheet at 1:5 scale but when i export it to dwg format, it should show me in 1:1 scale but its still shows 1:5 scale only when i open it in autocad , please tell me what settings i have to follow to accomplish this task in NX..
i have attached a file .prt file, if possible please show it to me how its done..
Screenshot_2023-08-06_163349_fwgf6v.png
Screenshot_2023-08-06_163542_stnypj.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello imtiyaz_bumblebee,

I think You have two ways to have right drawing in dxf:
1. Use "Export Flat Pattern" in Sheet Metal Module:
ExportFlatPattern_zc6dpj.jpg

2. Change format and scale of Your drawing (to 1:1) and after, export to dxf file.

Best regards
MANok
NX2027
TC14

dear MANox,
its not only problem with sheet metal flat patterns drawings i'm facing , for normal solid model drawings too, im not able to export it to 1:1 scale keeping in any scale into NX drafting file..

kindly tell me in general how to export to 1:1 scale output irrespective to scale in the NX ...

in the meantime i will try your said method to flat patterns , update you back.

thanks,
imtiyaz

In the export options, set the "scaling options" to "base view scale". This will scale up the export by the reciprocal of the base view. Note that this works best when all the views on your drawing are the same scale.

www.nxjournaling.com

Autocad uses a philosophy regarding drawings which differs from all (?) other CAD systems.
In all systems except Acad the paper is "true scale", "No scale", "1:1" and then one places views with a scale on this paper/sheet. -exactly as it was done on the manual drawing board.
In autocad, the views are "1:1", "no scale" and instead the paper, the texts, the dimensions, other annotations etc is scaled such that the drawing looks decent.
Beacuse of this, the options Cowski mentioned exist.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back