Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to convert Teknicad drawings to AutoCAD drawings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrkorada

Industrial
Oct 24, 1999
IN
Can anybody suggest how to convert Teknicad Drawings Which are developed on VAX operating system to AutoCAD ?<br>
<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know Teknicad, but I've helped transfer files from other software to Autocad before. See if you can export the drawings to .DXF or .IGS. Let me know if I can help as I am interested in knowing more about this &quot;Teknicad&quot;<br>
<br>
<A HREF="mailto:dandrews@ferrycap.com">dandrews@ferrycap.com</A>

<br><br>Yes. We convert Teknicad drawings to Autocad all the time.<br>You will need TcadIges software on your Vax and Kermit on your Vax and PC.&nbsp;&nbsp;After you convert your Teknicad drawings<br>to IGES you will want to transfer them to your drive<br>on your PC, where they can be imported into Autocad V12 using IGESIN. ACAD 14 does not support IGESIN.&nbsp;&nbsp;Why, I don't know.You will need to connect your PC to your Vax via rs232 port.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will need to set both Vax and PC buad rates and parity settings.If you have further interest, I will dig up my notes, which detail the process.

Dear JHM<br><br>THANK YOU VRY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NOTES AND ANY OTHER UTILITY SOFTWARE FOR THE CONVERSION TO MY EMAIL. WE HAVE AUTOCAD REL.12 WITH US.<br><br>THANK YOU,<br><br>BEST REGARDS,<br>K.V.RAMANA<br>EMAIL: <A HREF="mailto:BHPVEC@VSNL.COM">BHPVEC@VSNL.COM</A>

The transfer of IGES files from the Vax to the PC can also be done via email.&nbsp;&nbsp;This simplifies the connections (no cable, baud rates, etc.)&nbsp;&nbsp;The file transfer can be aided by using a file compression routine to minimize the size of the email attachment.&nbsp;&nbsp;Vax compressed files are of a type that differs from those in the PC environment (.tar versus .zip).&nbsp;&nbsp;Utilities for conversion should be available from many sources.&nbsp;&nbsp;The files could also be transferred using UUencode and UUdecode files which are ASCII.&nbsp;&nbsp;They can be very large however.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Mike Van Voorhis<br><A HREF="mailto:MJVanVoorhis@CS.com">MJVanVoorhis@CS.com</A><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back