Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a Multiple part list with 2 assembly configurations???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LayKanae

Industrial
Jul 28, 2014
MX
Hi everybody!
I have a problem with "Multiple Part list", because I have in my document an assembly with 2 configuration ( basically the diference between them is the change of a piece)...

I need to make a drafting with the 2 arrangements in separate sheets , but when I insert a "multiple part list" it appear the same in both assemblies.

They can help me???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Under normal conditions, a Parts List can only recognize the original Assembly that the Drawing was created for. Any additional parts or Assemblies added to the Drawing file will only be considered as 'referenced' parts and therefore will not be seen as additional items that needs to be added to the current Parts List or the subject of a second Parts Liat.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I think you can have multiple parts list if you change an evironment variable so that your balloon numbers aren't automatic. If you need balloons then the easiest way would to create a second drafting file.

Muchas Gracias por sus respuestas
Pero realmente necesito que los ensambles estén en un mismo archivo (es un ensamble tipo "familia")

Sin embargo lo subiré a GTAC

¡Gracias! [smile]

Thank you for your answers
But really I need the assemblies are in the same file (that is an assembly type "family")

But I'll upload to GTAC

Thank you!

aluminum2

I was very interested in your comment about the environment variable

Have the values ​​of the variable? I would like to try

in the ug dat file set UGII_UPDATE_ALL_ID_SYMBOLS_WITH_PLIST=0 . I believe having the balloons update allow you to have only one tool list, but I haven't tried it.

How about using Nested Assemblies? Add a column to your parts list, making sure it's a Quantity column.THen select that column>right click>style>select Columns tab>click Nested Assemblies>Select PArent component> pick one assembly from the ANT>apply.
You need a quantity column for each assembly. We use this in NX7.5 for family drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back