Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a point at the intersection of two lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSMachine

Mechanical
Oct 24, 2011
US
Forgive me for such an elementary question, but I can't figure out how to do something.

I have a circle drawn in sketch. I have drawn a line from the center to the outside, straight up. The cursor automatically snaps to the 90 degree point, and I can put a point there or draw another arc at that specific point with ease.

However, when I draw a line off to the side, let's say 87 degrees, and then try to create a point at the intersection of that line and the circle, it won't. All it wants to identify as a possible place for a point is the 90 degree spot.

How do I make it create a point at the intersection of this line and the circle?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Create a point on the line, or circle, near the intersection of the two. Ctrl+select the point and whichever entity you didn't create the point on and create a coincident relation.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWE
My Blog

Ok, thanks. I got the point put where I want it. I am wondering though, is it simply a graphics thing how when I zoom up, the point no longer seems to be on the intersection but on one of the two lines?

Yes, it's a graphics thing. I just drew a circle and created a line with a coincidental point on it, and if I zoom in far enough it shows the line extended outside of the circle.

E. Morel
M.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back