Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a subsytems in the Aspen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonghong0505

Chemical
Oct 16, 2012
SG
Hi everybody! I am currently running a simulation on Aspen and one problem is faced. The problem is the process flow diagram is too messy and complicated as i am doing a project about processing petrochemical product. As in the first part which is refinery progress, every unit such as atmospheric distilallation column contains its own process flow diagram,and many units still connecting with it.therefore i am here to seek help is it possible to create a subsystems which contains the PFD(atmospheric distillation column) instead of connect all the unit one by one and get a very complicated PFD in final? Thank you very much for viewing and helping me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi! I'm not a pro in Aspen but if you are using aspen+ you can create subsystems under "User Models" (next to Manipulators and Solids) an than you have to place the "Hierachy" on your flowsheet. With a double click you open it. Hope I could help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back