Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create mapkey - is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantek212

Computer
Oct 3, 2010
PL
Hi,
I want to create mapkey, which will open the drawings related to part(the same name).
For example, I have an active workspace "aaa", including the workspace I have a lot of files .prt , .drw. .asm.
I open the file .prt (for example F0001.prt), now wants to open a file .drw (F0001.drw), in this moment I must to click open, and I have to look for a file F0001.drw, it is annoying and takes a long time.
How to create mapkey, which opened to all .drw with the same name as the .prt which at the moment I opened, it is possible?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could open the drawing first. The part is then shown in the model tree. You can then select/right mouse click/OPEN that part. You won't need to search for it in your workspace this way.

Yes, you're right, it is good if you just open the ".prt" files, them I can open the drawing first etc.
But when I am working with a large ".asm" and change something in parts, then open. prt of the tree. asm, because it is simpler and faster, and then must look for .drw files.

I tried to do something like this:
########################################################
mapkey open ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `File`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_rename`;~ Activate `rename` `Cancel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdModelOpen.file`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Input `file_open` `Inputname` `0001`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` `0001*.drw`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Inputname`;
#########################################################
I click FILE->RENAME (copy Name) ->CANCEL
FILE->OPEN->paste Name (the name which I previously copied)
and add *.drw
This works, but still opens the same drawings 0001stdbend.drw .
Maybe someone knows how to make paste, always name active. prt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back