Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Customize toolbars in MicoStation J

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm trying to unlock the lock my company has on my machine for customizing toolbars.
When we were in SE, we were allowed to customize toolbars and redefine the function keys. We're giving these floating personal folders on the server. So the custom tools, files, etc.. would be saved there and they would follow us from machine to machine. This way we don't modify the standard tools a person might be acustom too. This was on SE.

Now we're in "J" and we're only allowed to customize the "function keys" & the accudraw shortcut keys but nothing else.

I thought the toolbars were saved in the "upf" file. At least they were when we were in "SE". This was the file I gave to people when they wanted my toolbars.

We still have the "floating personal folder" and it has a "UPF" file. But when I try to create a toolbar it doesn't save it. Which line or variable is locking this effort of mine.

I figure its under "perferences" and "configuration".
Maybe some lines need to added....

Any clues?
Thanking you in advance....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what the exact problem is, but I create my own toolbars in Workspace->Customize. You're saying you can't create new toolboxes (and get them to save) in this location? I believe my J settings are saved on my computer - because I don't move from computer to computer, I don't know anything about saving these preferences on a server. Not sure if that's possible.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but like you say, I hate to see questions with no responses!!

Yeah I hear ya'! ;)

I did some digging and it seems like the variables need to be entered under configuration. I think I got the variables and syntax needed but I"m afraid of messing up the system.

But yeah, I'm saying that I make my toolbars and it won't save b/c .... the file it's trying to save to is on the server, which says "NO ACCess".

Thanks anyway! ;(

Hey Breaks,
I figured out the problem or more like the variables ...

_USTN_MACHINEID
nj3027
_USTN_DEFAULTUSER_CFG_FIL
dfltuser
_USTN_DEFUSERINTNAME
_USTN_UIPATH
\\NJ0002\"EMPLOYEENAME"$\msse\wsui\default_USTN_USER
\\NJ0002\"EMPLOYEENAME"$\msse\config_USTN_USERCFG
\\NJ0002\"EMPLOYEENAME"$\msse\config\default.ucf
_USTN_USERDESCR
default workspace
_USTN_USERINT
\\NJ0002\"EMPLOYEENAME"$\msse\wsui_USTN_USERINTNAME
_USTN_USERNAME

Entering these variables allowed me to customize.
Hope it helps someone out there

RICH@LG (Architect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back