Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to cut down movie time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno678

Aerospace
Jun 23, 2010
US
Whenever I save my file, when it's rendered it takes like 11 hours to 20 hours. How can I minimize that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

this is all dependant of the spec of your machine, the ammount of frames in the complete video, the size (in pixels) you are outputting the avi and how long it takes to render each frame.

If you are using the presentation view style and it takes 30 seconds to do a render scene.... then ech frame in the video will take 30 seconds to output.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

For some reason it's estimated time is like 11 hours. But when I choose active view style and it's not rendered it's like 5 minutes.

Yes that is because it is taking quite a while on your machine to render each frame with the high quality rendering engine. It maybe down to machine and graphics card specification

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

As I mentioned over in thread562-275481 rendering takes a lot of effort. For an animation you're rendering for each 'frame'.

I can't remember if you can control the pixel size of your movie. If you can then minimizing this may help.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back