Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to define a request for specifying the wheel angle in MSC Adams/car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fariborz90808888

Automotive
Apr 28, 2021
IR
hi

i intend to find out the wheel angle of the vehicle model in Adams/Car while steering in a subsystem assembly and a full vehilcle assembly, by defining a request...

how can i do that ? what parameters do i need for defining that request? what is the best way to do that?

appreciate your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi Greg Locock

thanks for replying

No particular wheel angles needed... i just need front wheel angles ... i could not find it in all the result sets, requests and objects...

the tuv_front/tuv_rear request gives the toe angle but it shows peculiar results in some tests and i can't consider it as the wheel angle... i don't know if i have chosen the right toe angle request that signifies for the wheel angle...

for instance the tuv_front gives the following result in a step steer test:

Capture3_zaovvx.png

that's why i'm trying to define a request that gives the wheel front angle with respect to the chassis longitudinal axis...(usual wheel angle)

appreciate your help as always

thanks a lot Greg Locock

but would you please elaborate on that... how can i do that? how can i find that marker? do you mean i should modify the request tuv_front/rear?

Look in the adm file. text search for the request

You'll find this

REQUEST/3032
, TITLE = tuv_front
, COMMENT = front suspension TUV toe and camber
, CUNITS = "no_units", "no_units", "no_units", "no_units", "no_units"
, "no_units", "no_units", "no_units"
, CNAMES = "", "Average_Camber", "Left_Camber", "Right_Camber", ""
, "Average_Toe", "Left_Toe", "Right_Toe"
, RESULTS_NAME = tuv_front
, FUNCTION = USER(1122, 979, 998, 616, 0)

so markers of interest are bolded . Those are the inputs to resqub 1122. animate those markers, read the help on the reqsub, see if you can figure out what is wrong.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back