How to define predefined fields in ANSYS apdl 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.A

Mechanical
Jan 31, 2019
CH
Hello to all
Assume that we have two welded plates(the welding process already has been simulated ). now after cooling the plates , the new simulation or new analysis ( for example rolling) has to be done on these welded plates. accordingly residual stress and displacement should be resorted or retrieved (form the welding stage) before starting new analysis.

the problem is how to define predefined fields in ansys apdl to do new analysis on the welded plates. I had some advice about predefined filed in abaqus but about ansys apdl Nothing. is there a such capability(predefined field) in ansys? does anyone know an special strategy or solution to suggest?
any comment would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi asder
I think I found out the solution to cope with this challenge. so I wanna share it with you and other members
for the problem as follows:
assume that we have A plate at fist it was loaded to P1 (MORE THAN YIELD STRESS) then unloading to estimate residual stress. at the second it will be loaded to P2 (P2>P1).
the strategy for solving is :
! modeling of problem
! write initial state file:
inistate,write,1,,,,0,stre ! write stress to initial state file
inistate,write,1,,,,0,eppl !write plastic strain to initial state file
! loading to P1
solve
! unloading the problem. (if you check the result at this point, you have to execute Restart analysis)
solve
exit
Now you have a initial state file in the work directory named file name.ist WHICH IS RESIDUAL STRESS FROM UNLOADING ANALYSIS
then you open new analysis as follows
! modeling of problem
!read initial state file:
inistate,read,file name, ist
solve
loading to P2
solve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back