Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to define Stiffness values to each element in Abaqus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPOLA

Student
Oct 11, 2023
US
Hello all.

I am very new to abaqus , I am trying to give the stiffness values to each element in abaqus, how to do define them user defined value to each element. And after applying the loads and boundary conditions , I need to generate a stiffness matrix of the component/each element.

Please help me on this , how to do it. I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Pola

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't open .MTX ... it'll be a bunch on numbers, comma separated ? somehow you'll have to be able to say this is a column, then this is the next column ...

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

ok, looks like row, column, stiffness ... or column, row, stiffness

General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

126x126 ... big matrix ...

Hi ,

Like we do in the abaqus , assigning a different material property to different element . Can we do the same thing in the Ansys ? If yes , how can we do it?

Please help me on this .

so why are you trying to solve it ? checking ABAQUS's math ??

why are you trying to solve the stiffness matrix ?

are you checking ABAQUS's math ??

see above, open it with notepad, but yes it is CSV. Understanding the numbers is not clear (which column is the row number, which the column number, for the stiffness value).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back