Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete REFERENCE_COMPONENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cipiripi

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2010
HR
Hello!

How to delete this REFERENCE_COMPONENT attribute in NX 7.5, I have problem when i have insert one more assembly in existing assembly, it wont show me new assembly in 2D. thank you very much. bye

P.S. X (delete) down right is not solution (in my case ) :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you say 'REFERENCE_COMPENENT' attribute we talking about a real 'attribute' as found in the File -> Properties... dialog of a part file? Or has this Attribute (is that's what you're actually talking about) made it onto one of your Component parts?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

No. I'm not really good with logics in NX. but.
I have made one assembly( and its 2D drawing), and the drawing is approved.but now we want to show assembly on which we mount existing assembly also in 2D. so i have open 2D, went to modeling and there i have inserted that other assembly.and i can't get it in 2D. I did the same stuff with one another assembly where i have use same assembly as reference, and there all went fine (i get it in 2d), and only difference is that properties "REFERENCE_COMPONENT".when I click on part in 2D.

Sorry for little confusion explanation

Are you using Master Model, where the Drawing is in it's own separate file and the assembly that you're making the drawing of is a Component in that Drawing file?

You say you "inserted" another Assembly into your drawing. How did you do that? What steps did you perform when you "inserted" the new assembly into the file?

Also, you keep referring to 2D. What do you mean by 2D? All NX models are 3D. Is this a 2D wireframe model created in some other system?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

1.Yes i have drawing in its separate file.
2.I have went to modeling and there i have all functions as in assembly mode, and there inserted and constrait it.
3.Under 2D i ment drawing made form 3D model, but drawing which is in its own file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back