Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to design a spring that would work in all three direction ie x,y , 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

caemaniac

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hello
I would like to know about any suspension system which can take loads in all three direction ie x y z with a maximum deflection of +or - 1.5 inch
regards
caaemaniac

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could make a search for "air springs" for example those manufactured by Firestone Indl. Products or make a rubber spring in a spherical shape, or concentric spherical cases separated by ruber pads.
Sincerely
Shieldmaker

Hello

I had thought about the fire stone air spring
since somebody else had done it
i wanted something new
could you be more elaborate in telling me how how co centeric spring works with rubber
regards
caemaniac

Concentric steel spherical shells (or semiespherical)
at least two sheels, sparated by an arrangement (icosahedron, for example) of rubber pads.
It works in similar way that a rubber springs composed by a metalic plain washer joined with a rubber washer, then joined with a metalic washer and then again rubber washer....This arrangement in order to get more linear-like curve force-versus-deformation
I hope this can help you
Sincerely
Shieldmaker

hello
i have problems visualizing it
if you dont mind could you please give me a schematic diagrame
my email id is rupi12@rediffmail.com
i have designed a system i would like to send it as a attachemnt
regards
casemaniac

1.5 in deflection for what load? What configuration do you have for mounting to the suspension and for the suspension to ground?

If you put 6 stiff springs attached orthogonally and suspend the whole thing in a box, that will satisfy your problem statement.

TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back