Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to draw a long line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wufi2004

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2004
CA
When i draw a 100000mm line, it always goes beyond limit of screen. How to set up CAD to get scale 1:1?

I mean, in command line, how i can input line and 1000000 to get the line?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just hit draw, line, type in the length (assuming drawing units is in mm), and hit enter. Make sure your in ortho mode (straight line mode) or have the correct angle.

use command "line" or "L"; input point "A" (or click on it), then input second point as "@10000<90". The 90 can be any angle you want, from 0 to 360 degrees.

It doesn't mather how long you line is for autocad, you can even draw a line of a lightyear long in it P-), just type in "l", hit enter, choose your basepoint, and type in "@1000000,0,0" or if the line is under a certain angle "@1000000<(angle)"

Then type in "dview", select the line, hit enter and orbit a bit (by clicking the cursor anywhere in the drawingfield and moving it and release the mouse), hit enter again to end the dview command and then zoom out to see the whole line.

'Z' <cr> 'E' <cr> this starts the zoom command with the extents option. This will fit everything in your drawing on one screen (maximize).

It does idd, but it's quite a habit I have, i mostly use realtime zoom, then not everything will fit and by orbiting you can zoom even more out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back