Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to eliminate parent/child relation when file is imported

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoo

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2007
US
I have and assembly that I imported in ProE from a Step file. The image comes into Pro as a neutral image, no model tree. I and trying to duplicate the geometry in Pro, which I can do, but a child/parent relationship is created. The question is how do I delete the imported image without deleteing the datum planes and the features that have been created.

Thanks,
Danoo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I usually find XYZ coords for 3 points on a plane, create the points, create datum plans on these points. I do not know of any way to remove the references for datums other than to redefine the datum. As far as sketch geometry, while in the sketch, go the the Sketch menu and pick references . You can delete references to all imported geometry you used in the sketch. All references in the model to a specific feature can not be deleted at the same time. If you sketched on a face of the import or used a face or edge as a reference, these will need to be replaced individually with geometry that is not dependant on the import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back