Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export a step file with different origin/coordinate system in CATIA V5 R21

Status
Not open for further replies.

davagusor

Industrial
Jan 27, 2021
ES
Hello there!

My situation is:

I have a big piece and I just cut it in different parts, and I basically want to export those small parts into separate step files with new coordinates system for each one... in order to get them centered in another software I'm using.

Currently I'm loading the steps from CATIA into SOLIDWORKS and creating a new coordinate system in SOLIDWORKS (where is really easy) and saving again in step format... but I want to avoid that path throw SOLIDWORKS...

No way of doing this "easily" in CATIA?

Thank you very much!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Drop them into a dummy CATProduct --> position them where you want in reference to the dummy assemblies axis system --> Create an AllCAT of that Assembly --> Save as STP.

When you create the allcat, it will make everything in that assembly into a catpart and reference the assembly 0,0,0. It's also helpful to add a new catpart as the 0,0,0 reference.

2021-03-11_09_54_39-Chat___Microsoft_Teams_tocgzr.png

2021-03-11_09_52_52-_xxt5r6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back