Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export your .tbr file??

Status
Not open for further replies.

REnright

Automotive
Aug 8, 2006
US
I have all my toolbars set up the way I want and even have the custom ones that I have made. I am getting a new machine and need to know how to save off, export. etc my toolbar file so I don't have to re-do everything. I have done this before ,,,but do not recall how? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think your toolbar settings are held here.

C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Local Settings\Application Data\Unigraphics Solutions\NX

where "username" is your login name in windows

Copy this dir across to the new PC and see if that works

Mark Benson
CAD Support Engineer

I will give that a try. Thanks. Now if I have a custom bar that I have made,, is there a way to save it and allow other users to use it? Even add it to a start up .bat

If I have a custom toolbar that I have made,,,is there a way to save that toolbar so that others may be able to use it? I'm looking to save the .tbr file

I've made a bunch of macros(shortcuts), and made a toolbar for access. I would like to share them with my company. Most of us all use the same commands.

I believe there is a variable that points to where your user customizations are:

UGII_LOCAL_USER_DEFAULTS=<path>\nx3_user.dpv

If you look at that file you should see a pattern to how the toolbar is defined. Modify the file then create a directory and place this in a sub directory called startup. Then set either GROUP_DEFAULTS_LOCATION or SITE_DEFAULTS_LOCATION to point to the parent of the startup directory.

Give that a try and see if it works.

-Dave
PLM Exchange

REnright,

Dave is correct about the .mtx file.

If you create a custom toolbar WITHIN an NX session, you will not end up with a .tbr file. NX will add the toolbar definition to the .mtx file. That .mtx file can be copied to any number of computers, or placed on a network and shared. If you share the .mtx file over a network, then you'll have to define the UGII_CUSTOM_DIRECTORY_FILE. The following is straight from the documentation:

When NX starts up, it looks for user interface customizations in the directories listed in the files pointed to by the UGII_CUSTOM_DIRECTORY_FILE (By default, it points to $UGII_BASE_DIR/ugii/menus/custom_dirs.dat.) So if you add a directory to this file, you can place your .mtx files in a subdirectory called application, and NX will load them for all users when it starts up. For example:

On Windows:

-Add <your_path_here> to the custom_dirs.dat file.
-Create the directory <your_path_here>\application.
-Copy user.mtx to <your_path_here>\application\<file>.mtx.

The files placed in these directories are automatically loaded when NX starts up.

You can override the default value of UGII_CUSTOM_DIRECTORY_FILE, and point to your own file.

I prefer defining the .tbr files in a text editor rather than during an NX session. It's a bit more involved, but makes sharing toolbars and custom bitmaps quite easy once you get everything set up correctly.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back