Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get points from exiting curve in NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponnaiyan

Aerospace
Feb 20, 2020
DE
I have model with some curvature, I want to get points in x,y and want to export the same to Excel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

well, hm,..
how many points do you want ? 17 or 23 million points ?
how should these points be spread over the model ?
What is the purpose of sending points to excel ?

Regards,
Tomas

Thank you for your response.
I want points in the interval of 0.01 mm so count based of overall length,
my curve is 2D of bell shape.
i want to spread in excel or some table , for some other analysis(study) purpose.

Regards
AR Ponnaiyan

I would use NXOpen for this - it has functions for querying curve / spline objects at parameter locations.

If you are stumped by this response give me a shout and I will throw something together for you.

the out of the box reporting does not have , to my knowledge, a feature to only report the coordinates for multiple points in one go.
Ie, you can select multiple points and then go Information - Object and see the coordinates, but you will also get other data reported such as type of object , layer, color, name etc.
Or, you can go Information - Point and get the report you ask for , but you cannot select more than one point at a time...
I think you would need a custom journal to create this report.
Creating the points :

Menu - Insert Datum / point - Point set... Curve Points , Curve points by = Incremental arc length, select the curve, enter the distance. OK.

Regards,
Tomas

Hi,

Find attached a part with my solution, It's full parametric but time consuming to create all the points

excel_vhtimd.jpg

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back