Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get rid of sheetmetal bend notes on flat pattern in drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisrik

Mechanical
Dec 2, 2004
US
Can somebody tell me how to get rid of the bend notes when you insert a flat pattern for a sheetmetal part in a drawing? Seems kind of annoying!

Mechanical Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When in the drawing document go to tools->options->document properties and click on Sheet Metal. There is an option to turn sheet metal bend notes off. You can turn this option off in your drawing template if you never want the bend notes to appear. You can also right click on the flat pattern's drawing view, select properties and uncheck "display sheet metal bend notes". Or...right click on any bend line and hide it. This will hide all notes and bend lines in the drawing view. The last option is irreversible, as far as I can tell. All these answers may be found in the SW help files.
Matt

I assume you are using SW 2006 since you have flat pattern bend notes. Make sure you are in the document properties for your drawing, not the part or assembly. You should see something like this:

URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back