Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to get true deformations after static analysis based on the results of an explicit LS DYNA analy

Status
Not open for further replies.

1415user

Structural
Mar 7, 2023
RU
Good afternoon, I am practicing Ls-dyna laser shock peening simulation. I perform an explicit analysis in Ansys LS-DYNA and then export the stresses to Static Structural, after solving I get the stress distribution, but I also need a surface deformation profile. I tried to import EPS, but it didn't lead to success. Most likely I'm doing something wrong, could you tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks for help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure I understand the question or the need to export stresses to ANSYS/Mechanical (from ANSYS/LS-DYNA). What is your goal? If the goal is to predict deformation at a steady state, then why not run the explicit analysis a bit longer or use dynamic relaxation or some other method already available in ANSYS/LS-DYNA? By ANSYS/LS-DYNA I mean the native code; not its fancy version in ANSYS/WorkBench. I make that remark because integrating the native general purpose FE code comprehensively is a long-term undertaking.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back