Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to import a parasolid file into ADAMS using commands? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenzhang

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2018
DE
How everyone.
i am trying to run a complicated simulation, thus i want to import parasolids and dealing with them using commands.
as i know, i can import a unigraphics file by

"
file geometry read file name = ........
type = unigraphics
model_name = ........
"
But how could i change the words so that i can import a parasolid?
i've tried to replace the "unigraphics" with "parasolid(s)" but didnt work out.
Please inspire me ! thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@GregLocock
Thanks for your help and recommendation. I have finished the simulation.
The system is complicated and the whole simulation took me about 7 hours(Import of the model took 3 and calculation took 4).
I wanted to save the database but came out this message:

ERROR: The Adams database has become too large to save to disk as a binary database.
The model should be exported as an Adams View Command File and simulation results
should be exported to an Adams Solver Results file.

is there any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

In my little experience, it is known that this message may occur when trying to save a large file (I have files of about 2 GB or more), which is understandable from the text. The file size can be such for several reasons: either due to the large number (size) of imported objects, or a cumbersome array of results data. The latter can still be somehow corrected by changing the step and time of the simulation. But changing the parameters of the imported object is more difficult. Although if your model was imported 3 hours, then probably the reason lies in it. To test this, just try to import the model and save it in ".bin" format. In the event of the same message, it becomes clear that she is guilty.
In any case, I don’t see a problem to do what the message suggests: after a successful calculation, create ".cmd" and ".res" files (model and results, respectively). Both can be imported as many times as necessary for different experiments. Something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back