Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to invert curve dirrection ? V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

strim

Automotive
Mar 2, 2006
US
Curve goes one way ... Start to End... I Want the other way... Zero on one end.. Larger Value on the other end. You get the Idea

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What do you need the curve reversed for. You can reverse a curve during certain operations. A direction arrow will appear at the start of curve.
If you really need to reverse it you can use join curve - select the curve select the red direction arrow, select ok.
To avoid having duplicate geometry - turn on no keep mode

Regards,
Derek

Derek:

Inverting curves is especially helpful when you are creating templates, from which you will replace geometry and/or create macros from, and it needs to operate the same way with no intervention...

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Well done gentlemen. Curve dirrection was a concern for me when Creating Power Copy of adaptive sweep. The Sketch was constrained tanget to intersect curve but result returned to wrong quadrant of tangency.. really weird and Frustrating.. At this time I'm not sure if curve dirrection really fixed my problem..

I think your heading in the wrong direction with your PowerCopy. How do you decide when to use the original curve or the inverted curve?

Are you using a Positioned Sketch for your PowerCopy? Where&How you orient the sketch might be the solution.

When I prepare my style data for Developement I'll make curve dirrection always the same ei: start vertex always closest to origin maybe. Then next hood dirrection for copy is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back