Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to line up balloons on a isometric view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tug

Mechanical
Nov 29, 2002
US
Can anyone help, if you have an exploded isometric view in an assembly drawing, is there a way to line up all the balloons on the same angle as the view

Thanks

Neil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try selecting all of the balloons by holding down your ctrl key and then right clicking on one of them ans slecting "alignment" you will find quite a few options. I am certain that one of them will do what you want.

hope that helps

Regards,
Jon
jgbena@yahoo.com

When I went for training courses they told me that right click is a short cut for many commands. I think the instructor said "when in doubt, right click" :)

THanks for you help, but let me be a bit clearer, an isometric view is at 30º (well most of it). What I want do do is line up these balloons at 30º as well. Is there a way to do this. I know about the align buttons like horizontal and vertical align.

Regards,

Neil

Tug ... I've never seen a way of being able to do this in SW. What I've done and something you can try is use a reference line and then using a point on the ballon place your text consitently along that line. When your finished, just delete the line.

It may be time consuming, but when you want to have a professional look to your drawings, that usually takes a little bit of time.

But that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back