Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a sweep of a line around the line? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarek30

Industrial
Jul 8, 2009
PL
I have question to you. And your help would be highly appreciated. I'm not so advance in modeling. I have used SolidWorks some time back and this kind of sweeping was easy to made, but when I'm trying to do it in NX - I'm stuck.

What I want to do is sweeping a line around the line to acheive a surface that I can use for spiral route for my another sweep geometry. I have a shaft, irregular shape, and I want to cut a groove around the shaft, but to do that - I need a guide curve.
I need an example how to do the sweeping.
I'm using NX 7.5.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Michael,

Thanks, but this is no exactly what I wanted to do. I want to create a swept surface in the form of a helical shape and then extract the cross edge, which will be used for another sweeping operation.
An L shape, where shorter arm will be rotated about the longer line. Just like on youtube movie.

Ok, i've made the swept (the first one, L shape) like in the youtube movie. You need to set Orientation Method in the Section Options to Angular Law then Linear from 0 deg to 1800 deg (=50*360) see screen shot.
I think you can figure out the rest of the model?

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX4+TC9 / NX6+TC8Unified / NX7.5 native

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f80dcfde-c02e-4a4f-9dcf-0e6554ab589c&file=swept.jpg
Sorry correction, it should be from 0 to 3600 deg if you need to have 10 turns.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX4+TC9 / NX6+TC8Unified / NX7.5 native

Michael,

Perfect. I knew it, that this was somewhere in there. Many, many thanks, Michael. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Many, many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back