Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make continuous lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

atn57

Aerospace
Jun 30, 2004
CA
I have drawn a wire frame and I wanted to know how to make all the lines continuous...so they all connect and i can either pad or extrude them..

help lines

tony

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am getting the error the selected sketch contains several open profiles or some geometry used for contruction. You must specify the construction geometry to solve the profile ambiguity. do you want to use the selected sketch anyway

atn57

If your wireframe is in a sketch you can try using "Sketch Analysis"? It is in the "Tools" tool bar. This should tell you where the openings are in your sketch.

kevin

Tony....

Here's another 'trick' that I learned the hard way when I first started using sketcher and had the same problem with open profiles:

Look for a toolbar called SKETCH TOOLS - it has 4 icons with the left one being a blue grid with an orange dot. Activate the two icons on the right (make them orange) so you automatically get Geometric Constraints and Dimensional Constraints. Doing this, and ALWAYS doing a sketch analyis really helped me.

Concerning the other two icons in SKETCH TOOLS: SNAP TO POINT is personal preferenced (I don't use it), and CONSTRUCTION ELEMENT can be used when you know you want to create several construction lines or points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back