Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make design parametric

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi19

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2014
IN
i want to construct an artistic designs and want to automate these designs. what procedure i should follow to make these designs parametric using NX????????????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if i have created a leaf and want to make it parametric so that just by giving parameters to scale it between 0 to 1, i can construct it. or how can i create some canvas so that the canvas is used for creation of patch on which certain design is constructed and that patch can be scale, rotate or reflect about a point on canvas (corner point of rectangular canvas). i want to edit the journals in the NX to automate it.

simply scale the body and make sure associative is checked on in the menu
Go to your command finder (the binoculars) and enter scale body and you will be directed to where the scale command is (I don't know what version of NX you are on)
You can then edit the scale feature in your model tree or directly or thru the expressions

how should i find the parameters in art design and how should i define them. i want to construct such designs and want to make my own dialogue box in NX , so that after selecting the desire art pattern for the solid body , i can give parameters to the design like scale and arrange the design using array.

Hey avi19,

I'm not completely confident in terms of what you are after, but I may have something that could guide you to the right path:

See this first video on how to parametrically control a ladder design.

See this next video on how to create a dialogue box using Product Template Studio (PTS). This video jumps right into PTS which is an application you have to open outside NX, and should be included in your total NX package, given that you have the license for it. The PTS application provides you with the tools needed to arrange your design with your own GUI (dialogue box), where you use your expressions and features to automate your design. In NX10, PTS is integrated into NX, so take a look at this video if you have NX10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back