Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to measure compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.

lombardo

Petroleum
Jun 8, 2002
MX
I want to run a test with a low coeficient of friccion synthetic lubricant in a screw air compressor, the problem I have is that the neumatic demand in the process is not regular, so in order to run an realible test I want to addapt an air flow collector, in this way I will know how many energy was used in order to compress "x" m3 of air.
Do you know some equiptment to measure the compressed air? some company that offers this kind of service?
Thanks in advance
Alejandro

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Off hand I don't know of a company/product to do this. Or one that won't cost a lot. I would suggest that during a down time you just open a release valve some amount until you reach a steady state pressure upstream of it that your compressor once turned on will achieve eventually. Measure the current once steady state is reached. Without messing with the valve shut down. Change your oil and restart. Once steady state is reached again you can again measure the current. Note your voltages also to make sure there isn't a large change.

The difference is the power savings/loss between oils.

Keith Cress
Flamin Systems, Inc.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back